MPI Entry Level Professional Truck Driver Training Program
Who should apply
Anyone who wants a more rewarding career, is just entering the workforce or is looking for a second career after retirement should consider professional truck driving.
To qualify, you must:
- be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Canadian Resident living in Manitoba
- be 18 or older, if driving only in Canada
- be 21 or older and meet medical requirements, if driving in the U.S.
- have a valid Manitoba Class 1 Learner's Licence
- not qualify for other help with your tuition (such as from a government, disability or benefit plan)
To apply, you'll need:
- To visit an Employment Manitoba Centre to determine your eligibility, obtain a referral letter and complete the truck driver aptitude assessment. Please bring your Manitoba driver's license with you for identification purposes. Find out which Centre is closest to you by calling 1-866-332-5077 or visit Manitoba.ca/employment
- A Criminal Record Search within the last 60 days. Get yours from the Public Safety Building at 151 Princess Street in Winnipeg, from any RCMP office or at the Commissionaires.
- A Commercial Driver Record (abstract) within the last 60 days. Get yours from any Driver and Vehicle Licensing Service Outlet, or call (204) 985-0980 or toll-free 1-866-323-0543 for further information.
- A valid Manitoba Class 1 Learner's Licence. Find out how to get yours, by calling (204) 985-7000 or 1-800-665-2410. Or visit mpi.mb.ca
- Click here for a complete list of participating SRE Carriers.
How to apply
- Fill out the application form.
- your original Commercial Driver Record (abstract)
- your original Criminal Record Search
- a photocopy of your Manitoba Class 1 Learner's Licence
- your original referral letter from the Employment Manitoba Centre verifying your eligibility
- Mail or deliver your application package in-person to:
- Please note, if you are delivering your package in person and want to meet with the program administrator, YOU MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT ahead time by calling us at 204 632 6600.
Entry Level Professional Truck Driver Training Program
Attn: Program Administrator
25 Bunting Street
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2P5
PH: 204-632-6600 Toll Free: 1-866-820-1317